Thursday, June 05, 2008

A river in Eqypt

Last night some friends and I went to see the new movie about the four women in New York? You know the one. I refuse to type the words because I know just what sort of web searches will land people here if I do and well...I like my safe and unexposed little blog just the way it is, thankyouverymuch.

Anyway, so after sitting through about two hours of this thing, which I must say, was well acted, despite the script's apparent shortcomings, they actually had the audacity to take it all, tie it up with a sparkley, pink bow, and give it a happy ending. Now, happy endings are one thing, but when the happy ending required a man (or a dog as the case may be) that, to me, completely undermines the entire point of the whole freakin series.

And that's all I have to say about that.

In other news, I've discovered some co-workers at the "joe job" that are, by all accounts, rather promising prospects as real-life friends. The only rub?: They're both really cute.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am in trouble. BIGFAT trouble. The kind of trouble that can only lead to the most delicious brand of excitement...and possibly drama. This is why I am in denial. This is not happening, and I am not dealing with it. Because if I did. If I did acknowledge it and all the ramifications and allowed myself to think of the potentiality...? Well, I'm not going there. Cause it's not happening.

See? Denial.

Moving on...

During my glorious trip to Vancouver, (I'll pause here for a moment of blissful reflection.) I managed to stumble upon not one, but two yarn stores. There, I picked up enough Cascade 220 (on sale, no less!) to make Oblique (Ravelry link.) I am so ridiculously excited about it, it's kindof sad, really. It's a gorgeous purple heather colour that I will gladly photograph for all you lovely folks just as soon as it stops being gray and rainy outside. Being on the west coast, that could take a while.

My time in Vancouver was pretty enlightening, I must say. My entire energy changed there. I just felt...clearer. If that makes any sense. I came back feeling refreshed and lighter. I need to get myself to the mainland, people. I found a great neighbourhood that I would LOVE to live in, a job that I would be excited to wake up and go to every morning and a transportation system that actually takes people where I want to go. All very important. Now, universe this one's for you: gimme, gimme, gimme.

Also? I start my new Big Girl™ Job on Monday. I'm not gonna lie: I'm a little nervous. I'm sure it will all be fine. I am university edu-macated, after all. But still.

Speaking of university? I convocate this month. Can you believe it? I feel like I blinked on my first day and ended up here. But I'm definitely here. I just paid the university an unholy sum of money for the privilege of wearing some smelly ol' robe for a few hours. Pray for cool weather, people. That's all I can say. Now I just have to figure out what the heck to wear under it.

Y'see, I'm not really a dress sort of girl, per se. I mean, I have a few, but most of them are casual. And the one dress-up dress I own? Well, I wore it to a school function earlier this year. I'm sure you see the problem. Gah! I do believe there is some shopping in my future. I wonder if I have enough time to pick something up in Toronto on the morning before my convo...No. No. I'm a Big Girl™ now. I plan ahead. I am calm, cool, and...Oh, who are we kidding? This would be when a fairy godmother would come in mighty handy, y'all. Can you imagine? Oy. Maybe I'll go to the mall or something... I'll hafta ask around and see where one might acquire cute dresses about town.

Okay, I'm off to knit and drink coffee and try to arrange a visit to the art gallery to see the Warhol exhibit and generally freak out. Have a fabulous Thursday, everyone!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home