Wednesday, May 14, 2008

perspective

"When you realize that by changing your perspective, big things can be seen as little things, it becomes harder to worry about anything."


Today I had my fourth interview with a well-known retail coffee purveyor. That makes four interviews, one background check, and one criminal record check. Despite the very laid back attitude out here, I suppose some things are just not as malleable. This last interviewer graduated as a philosophy major in Toronto and she and I had a very stimulating conversation involving at least a few SAT words. I genuinely wanted to be friends with her. Come to think of it, I genuinely wanted to be friends with the shift supervisor there too. She was fantastic.

In other news, the government gig emailed to ask if it was alright if they contact the people who wrote my reference letters, so that's a good sign. Things are looking pretty pink and sparkly in this neck of the woods today.

I still miss this though:


How can you not, really? To me he just looks like a giant, fuzzy bundle of cuddley-ness. After everything he and I have been through (read: near-death illness on Christmas Eve '07 and several other very expensive medical melodramas) it's hard for me to be away from him, knowing that his hair is growing in more and more white every day and that the person who can read him best (me) is not there to check in on him.

I miss all the pets, really, but that was expected. This separation is only temporary and I'm sure they are being well cared for. I guess coming home to them was a very calming and happiness-inducing influence on my life that I hadn't fully recognized until now.

Lest you think I have been totally lazy on the knitting front, I have proof that what will be henceforth known as "The Tree Jacket Debacle" (TTJD) scarred me for life and robbed me of any and all desire to knit, I present as proof otherwise:

Tiffany's Utterly Fantastic, Super and Spectacular Exam Reward Socks!!
(note the two exclamation points - this is not a single exclamation point kind of sock by any means.)



I promise there are two of them, it's just that only one fit on the windowsill where there is enough light to capture the gorgeous true colours.

Specs:

    Yarn: Handmaiden Casbah
    Colourway: Good question. Let's call it stunningly beautiful and call it a day, mmkay?
    Pattern: Cookie A's Monkeys (click here for those among you still uninitiated to the wonder of Ravelry. Get on with it already!)
    Mods?: Not a one. I even did the twisted rib cuff despite my penchant for laziness with this particular type of ribbing. Can you believe it? It must be some sort of knitting miracle: I knit a pattern exactly as written.


And, and AND...

I've also started in on my test knitting for Cookie's forthcoming pattern, Ornette (and again (scroll down)). There's more of it now, but I haven't had a chance to take a new photo yet.



If you're reading this, and I'm assuming based on my hit stats that there are at least a few lurkers out there, how 'bout y'all get in on a bit of audience participation and lemme know what kind of things y'all do to keep it all in perspective and avoid the worrying? Bonus points if one of those things is knitting! (hee!)

I'm off to enjoy the sunshine! 'Til next time!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home