Tuesday, September 26, 2006

is this thing on?

I think I need to get more sleep.

I caught myself gigglesnorting at this during evidence this evening.

No really. It's funny.

When I sat down in business associations this morning, (aka: bus ass, emphasis on the ass) I accidentally pulled a half-finished hat out of my bag along with my laptop. This lovely orange shell of a hat (no veggie-connoting appendages were yet attached) sat perkily on the desk as I got my stuff organized. I watched the eyes of the guy sitting behind me light up and I eagerly awaited his comment...Curiosity perhaps? Appreciation?

He said, and I quote, "Is that a condom?!"

Law school, people. Law school.

I took an interesting application at the clinic this afternoon. Did you know that there's a criminal charge called "prowl by night"? There is. Section 177 of the Canadian Criminal Code. Go ahead. Go look it up.

I find myself craving the zaniest things these days. Today's cravings include orange (and only orange) starburst, banana-chocolate-chip muffins, and diet coke (not pepsi).

I'm hoping to have more knitterly things to show you at the end of this week, but in the meantime, I'll allow y'all a brief glimpse into my musings of late:

Lately, I'm really questioning my decision to be in law school. Every time I think I've got something figured out, I get knocked flat on my ass again. I've never felt so smart and so stupid at the same time. I've never worked so hard and been so lazy simultaneously. I've never before been faced with the necessity of choosing only two of the three hallmarks of student life: homework, sleep, and fun. I hate having to choose between my friends and my reading. I hate having to choose between groceries beyond the basics (ie bananas and bread) and yarn, or a supplementary book. And all these sacrifices would be made without question or qualms if I just had some reassurance that this is where I'm supposed to be. I just want some feeling of assured, quiet calm. Maybe just something less than clammy panic alternated with sheer terror? A (law) job interview would certainly help.

This would be the point in my conversation with myself at which I would throw up my hands in frustration and walk away...only I can't walk away from myself.

Oy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home