Monday, September 04, 2006

am i the only one...?

Am I the only one who finds this just a little bit disturbing?

Here, let me be more specific.

I mean, kudos to them for doing everything they can to help a girl out. Truly. A1 effort. But seriously, that's not really the first place I'd look for advice on safer sex. Hell, it's not even in the top ten. And if I did look, and I did store said condom in aforementioned handy compartment, would I really want to haul out my baby pills to get it?

I dunno. Maybe I date losers... Okay, okay... Certainly I date losers, but one glimpse of this oh-so-subtle green packet and not only would the mood have been completely destroyed, they'd be huddled in a corner, rocking, repeating "Angelina Jolie, Angelina Jolie..." It's not the condom that kills the mood. Nono, it's the idea that a baby could be the result of this mood. That'll end it pretty quick, no doubt about it.

Perhaps I'm overthinking this. It wouldn't be the first time. Perhaps my brain requires greater stimulation in order to keep me out of trouble. After all, it was my sheer boredom that drove me to read the packet in the first place, (certainly the first sign that I am, in fact, in no danger of needing the contents of said packet) but you know somebody had to ask.

It might as well be me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

I do believe you are correct in this. Although my "discreet packaging" is white, it's still pretty obvious what it is, especially since it says what it is on the inside flap.
Besides, why provide a condom compartment without a condom? Fantastic idea: no follow through. Gees.

11:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home