Friday, August 18, 2006

it's not me - it's you.

It's not me - it's you.

It's true that I am human and fallible and I have my quirks, but really...It's not me - it's you. I work hard to strike that perfect balance between showing genuine interest and getting all "clingy" right away. I drop five zillion hints about things you could invite me out to. I'm kind and witty and fun and I don't take it too seriously. I don't assume you're "the one" within ten minutes of meeting you. I don't expect you to spend every waking minute thinking about me.

However, I do expect you to be honest and direct with me. If you're not into this anymore, just level with me. Let me know that you think I'm fun to hang out with, but you're just not feeling the romance, or tell me that you're just not ready to pursue a romantic relationship. Hell, gimme the old "it's not you, it's me." and never speak to me again if you have to, but for pete's sake, do something!

If you need to go find yourself, get on with it already, but don't make me wonder what the hell happened; how we got from "I think you're really cool and I'd love to spend more time with you" to "persona non grata" in the span of 7 days, without a single interaction to pin it on - it's not rocket science dude, just tell the truth.

Since you haven't done any of these things, I guess it ends here. I'm sorry to have to do this, and I've really enjoyed our time together. Please don't take this personally...

...It's not me .   It's you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Booo.... and I thought he was a pretty nice one. :( I'll be home soon.

3:08 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home